The initial agenda was to focus on just brainstorming new ideas for attractions and improvements at Roxhill Park–which is still on the agenda. However, the recent tragic stabbings at Westwood Village across the street from the park and the brutal beating that sent a man to the hospital south of the park have changed the focus somewhat. We are going to examine what is wrong, and what can be done safety-wise, with guests from Seattle Parks, the Friends of Roxhill, Westwood Village management, and the Seattle Police.
- 6:15-6:20: Introductions & Community News
- 6:20-6:25: Infrastructure Committee Update: SDOT update from Chris Stripinis.
- 6:25-6:30: WSTC: Vote/motion to endorse the work of the West Seattle Transportation Coalition by WWRHAH.
- 6:30-6:50: Roxhill Park Enhancements: Brainstorming session of ideas to improve and enhance the park with future grants, along with Seattle Parks and the Friends of Roxhill to advise on what may or may not be feasible.
- 6:50-7:40: Roxhill Park & Westwood Village safety: What can be improved in that regard? With Andy Mendoza, General Manager of Westwood Village; Seattle Parks; the Friends of Roxhill; and Officer Flores of the SPD SW Precinct’s Community Policing Team.
- 7:40-7:45: Wrap Up: Breakdown the room; library locks up promptly at 8pm.
Please come: Tuesday, November 5, 6:15pm sharp, at the SW Branch of the Library on 35th Ave SW – 9010 35th Ave. S.W., Seattle, Washington.