Welcome to the Westwood-Roxhill-Arbor Heights Community Council!
We are a Seattle community group encompassing Westwood, Roxhill, and Arbor Heights communities in West Seattle, Washington.
We work together for our immediate area, in cooperation with our neighboring groups, and, District 1 Committees. Our primary focuses are on local development and planning, crime issues, events, city and county governance, as well as the outreach to inform and involved our residents both in our neighborhoods and beyond.
We meet on the 1st Monday of every every month in the upstairs meeting room of the SW Branch of the Seattle Public Library at 9010 35th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98126. This is at the intersection of 35th Ave SW and SW Henderson Street. Our meetings are from 6:15pm to 7:45pm.
Membership is open to anyone living or working in the Westwood, Roxhill, or Arbor Heights area. Our meetings are open to the public. As of 2014 we have no membership fees or annual fees, and our annual budget comes from volunteer donations of materials, labor, and time.
Our Leadership and Representatives
Our current elected and volunteer leadership from May 2016 to May 2017 are the following:
- Chair: Amanda Kay Helmick (Westwood)
- Co-chair: Eric Iwamoto (Arbor Heights)
- Secretary: Open
- Treasurer: Open
Committee Chairs and Representatives:
- Outreach Chair: Open
- Infrastructure Chair: Chris Stripinis (Westwood)
- Metro Chair:Amanda Kay Helmick (Westwood)
- Roxhill Bog Chair: Open
- Westwood Highland Park Residential Urban Village Steward: Kim Barnes
- District Representative to the Delridge District Council: Amanda Kay Helmick (Westwood)
- District Representatives to the Southwest District Council: Iwamoto and Rory Denovan (Arbor Heights)
- Representatives to the West Seattle Transportation Coalition: Open
Elections for all Officer positions are held annually in May.
Our WWRHAH By-laws
Our by-laws are as follows; last ratified in February 2014.
Download a copy here: WWRHAH Signed By-Laws
Who started WWRHAH?
You did! No, seriously, you did. For more information on how the genesis of this all came about, please read this article on the West Seattle Blog from January 2013. Our first ever meeting was in February 2013. For a history of the neighborhoods and their boundaries are, and why WWRHAH was created, please read this.
Westwood – Roxhill – Arbor Heights, West Seattle, Seattle, Washington, USA