Here is the agenda for our May 2014 meeting.
Location:SW Library Branch, 9010 35th Ave SW
Time: 6:15pm – 7:45 pm
Meeting Type: Public Meeting
Delridge Neighborhood District Council (DNDC) Meeting: Youngstown Cultural Arts Center; 3rd Wednesday of the Month; 7:00 pm
Southwest District Council (SWDC) Meeting: West Seattle Senior Center; 1st Wednesday of the Month; 6:30p
6:15-6:30: Introductions & Community News;
- SWDC looking for volunteers to form a Land Use Committee.
- May 17th Citywide Emergency Drill; The drill runs from 9 AM until noon in various locations including West Seattle. It provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about the network of hubs throughout Seattle and hear how we can communicate using radio technology. West Seattle will activate the Ercolini Park neighborhood hub (see map) at 4700 SW Alaska Street.;
- Tonight is also Give Big and Dine out for Hunger benefitting the White Center Food Bank – Dine at Company, Proletariat, Mac’s Triangle Pub, Zippy’s, or Full Tilt and WCFB gets part of the proceeds. Also on May 6, The Seattle Foundation will stretch your donation!
6:30-6:35: Elections – Slate:
- Chair: Amanda Kay Helmick
- Co-Chair: Eric Iwamoto
- Secretary: Joe Szilagyi
6:35-7:00: Committee & Neighborhood Council Updates
- Metro Committee: Metro Public Meeting; Tuesday, May 13 – Union Station 5:30 p.m. – sign in/open house and 6:00 p.m. – public testimony; Plan C; Write a letter to save the 21?
- Infrastructure Committee: SDOT updates, Ask DPD to make WWV a pedestrian retail zone?
- Roxhill Bog Committee: Process Update; Work party in May
- Roxhill Park Committee: Grant update
- DNDC: Pablo or Amanda
- SWDC: Rory or Eric
7:00 – 7:30: Seattle Public Utilities, Cheryl Eastberg: Update on Roxhill Bog Rehydration Project
7:30-7:40: Other Business ?; Adjourn
7:40-7:45: Wrap Up: Breakdown the room; library locks up promptly at 8pm.