Welcome to the Westwood-Roxhill-Arbor Heights Community Council! This is a Seattle community group for the Westwood, Roxhill, and Arbor Heights communities in south West Seattle, Washington. We work together for outreach, planning, logistics, events, getting government to address issues, and getting the word out for our needs across these neighborhoods. Our neighborhoods together have over 11,000 residents!
- Roxhill/Westwood population: 6,730 (source: US census, city-data.com)
- Arbor Heights population: 5,054 (source: US census, zillow.com)
We meet on the 1st Tuesday of every every month in the upstairs meeting room of the SW Branch of the Seattle Public Library at 9010 35th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98126. This is at the intersection of 35th Ave SW and SW Henderson Street. Our meetings are from 6:15pm to 7:45pm.
Our current elected and volunteer leadership from May 2013 to May 2014 are the following:
- Chair: Amanda Kay Helmick (Westwood)
- Co-chair: Eric Iwamoto (Arbor Heights)
- Secretary: Joe Szilagyi (Arbor Heights)
- Treasurer: Open
Committee Chairs and Representatives:
- Outreach Chair: Open
- Infrastructure Chair: Chris Stripinis (Westwood)
- Metro Chair: Helmick
- Roxhill Bog Chair: Open
- District Representative to the Delridge District Council: Pablo Lambinicio (Westwood)
- District Representatives to the Southwest District Council: Iwamoto and Rory Denovan (Arbor Heights)
- Representatives to the West Seattle Transportation Coalition: Helmick and Szilagyi
Anyone living or working in Westwood, Roxhill, or Arbor Heights is a member. As of 2014 we have no membership fees or annual fees. All of our budget is in the form of volunteer donations of materials, labor, and time.
Elections for all Officer positions are held annually in May.
Our by-laws are as follows; last ratified in February 2014.
Download a copy here: WWRHAH Signed By-Laws
Who started WWRHAH?
You did! No, seriously, you did. For more information on how the genesis of this all came about, please read this article on the West Seattle Blog from January 2013. Our first ever meeting was in February 2013. Are you curious about what the neighborhoods and their boundaries are, and why we’re doing all this? If you are, please read this.
Westwood – Roxhill – Arbor Heights, West Seattle, Seattle, Washington, USA
This page has the following sub pages.